The Southeast World History Association (SEWHA) is a regional affiliate of the World History Association, serving the Southeastern United States (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Arkansas). Originally founded as the Georgia World History Association in 1989, SEWHA has become a true regional organization and a highly active WHA affiliate. SEWHA promotes the study of World History that transcends national, regional, and continental boundaries.
- The deadline for proposals for our October 2020 conference has been extended to September 21, 2020. The updated call for papers can be found here.
- We hope you will join us at our 32nd annual meeting that will take place virtually on October 24 and 25, 2020. Arkansas Technical University has graciously agreed to allow us access to their institutional subscription to WebEx as our virtual platform.
- Our 31st annual meeting took place in at the T.R.R. Cobb House, a historic home in Athens, Georgia. SEWHA would like to thank our hosts and everyone who participated for making this a great conference.
- The 2018 SEWHA conference and annual meeting took place on November 2 and 3 at Maryville College and the Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont. Many thanks to those who participated.
- We’ve redesigned and reorganized large parts of this Website. It should be easier to navigate and is easier to see on phones, tablets, and other varieties of electronic devices. If you have questions about the redesign, or anything else related to SEWHA, please feel free to contact us.
— SEWHA Officers