The Southeast World History Association mourns the passing of Denis Gainty, past President and Secretary. Denis was an amazing colleague, friend, and a dedicated member of the world history community. He will be missed.
— SEWHA Officers
Join us in Dahlonega for SEWHA’s annual meeting, 2017, October 6-7, 2017 at the University of North Georgia.
The Southeast World History Association (SEWHA) is a regional affiliate of the World History Association, serving the Southeastern United States (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Arkansas). Originally founded as the Georgia World History Association in 1989, SEWHA has become a true regional organization and a highly active WHA affiliate. SEWHA promotes the study of World History that transcends national, regional, and continental boundaries.
- The 2016 SEWHA conference and annual meeting, “Frauds, Deceptions and Manipulations (and their Consequences) in World Historical Perspective,” took place on April 1-2 in Chattanooga, TN. Many thanks to all who participated, and we hope to see you next year!
- SEWHA welcomes a new group of officers for 2016-2017: Douglas Sofer, Maryville College (Vice President); Micheal Tarver, Arkansas Tech University (Treasurer); William McCarthy, UNC-Wilmington (Councilmember-at-large); Sarah Hamilton, Auburn University (Councilmember-at-large); and Michael Proulx, University of North Georgia (Councilmember-at-large).
- SEWHA is bidding a fond farewell to Jared Poley, Associate Professor of History at Georgia State University and the outgoing Secretary of SEWHA. We are deeply grateful for his tireless service and leadership.
- Our presence on social media is growing! Our Facebook group now features more members than ever; we’ve recently put together a Facebook page; and we even have a Twitter feed.
- We’ve redesigned and reorganized large parts of this Website. It should be easier to navigate and is easier to see on phones, tablets, and other varieties of electronic devices. If you have questions about the redesign, or anything else related to SEWHA, please feel free to contact us.